Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Help on which Lib Tech board

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  crazyface 
#1 ·
Hi all-
I'm looking for a new board now (all mountain freestyle). I'm more of an all mountain rider who is working his way up in skills in the park. I don't want a park specific board as it's beyond my abilities and will not hold up well in free riding. I currently have a ROME Anthem and Atomix Axum. I love my Axum however realized it sucked in the icy/hard packed conditions yeterday (couldn't hold an edge at faster speeds). From what I understand the rome anthem is more for free-ride only.

I hear great things of Lib Tech and want to check out their boards. However I'm pretty inundated with the quiver they have. Many seem to overlap.

I'm looking for the board that will kill it all mountain freestyle. I'd like it to be able to be stable at quick speeds and handle ice/hard packed. Sounds like the Magne traction does this now. In addition, I'd like the board to be able to hand jumps and kickers in the park. Remember I ride more free-ride/all mountain now and learning to do more and more parks.

I'm looking at the dark series, the trs-btx, the trs-mtx etc

What is the difference between btx and mtx?

Thanks much!

See less See more
#2 ·
magnatraction+banana=BTX
magnatraction=mtx

the t rice seems like nice board, not exactly your jib board though. it seems to me like its made for those gnarly pow kickers, and riding all mt. im sure it could probably handle rails yet its not its area of expertise

#3 ·
Thanks. I think I need to clarify some...rails are not really my thing yet. By parks I meant jumps and such.

So will the BTX be better for that all mountain freestyle compared to MTX? In other words why would someone choose a BTX over MTX and vice versa?

I guess I'm still confused on which one to get (TRS, Dark, etc)

Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.