Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board too long?
Thread: Board too long?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
DiMe

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargo View Post
Hi,

I just bought a Ride DH 159 and after reading some posts online I''m worried that it's too long and thinking I should have got a 157 or a 155.

I've previously boarded for three weeks in total and I''m now doing a season. I'm 6 foot tall, 160lbs and shoe size 10. I'm pretty confident going down the piste and I now want to focus on learning tricks (mainly jumps and switch) and park riding. Is the board too long? Will it be difficult to learn on?

I went to two shops and they both recommended the 159. On the Ride website it recommends either a 157 or a 159 for my height and weight. I'm kicking myself I didn't look into the length more before I bought my board and can't afford to buy another one.

What do you think guys?
Dude don't worry about it. If your just starting it really dosn't matter for freeriding or freestyle. The DH is a badass board I ride the 2006 155 model myself. Unless you already know how to handle jumps and rails board setup dosn't comes into play yet because you wont feel the difference in a few cm. As far as a first board for learning your good with the 159 DH just keep riding.