Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - buying first set up, need help please
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
drumcorpsguy04

Default buying first set up, need help please

So I've been boarding a few times, and have rented every time. I now want to buy my own setup, and have been looking at a few local shops.

I'm pretty sure on the size of board I want and that's a 151. I'm 5'8 about 134 lbs. 7.5-8.5 shoe size. The first time I rode they put me on a 148 and I believe this last time was a 151.

As for boards I have a few options in my price range. The 5150 Vice, Morrow Fury, O-Matic Boron, or the K2 Viper. Does anyone have any opinions on which board would be best? I'm wanting to do all-mountain riding.

Boots wise I'm looking at Burton tribute, Burton Moto or Vans Emigre (sp?). Does anyone have any opinions on these? I've heard good things about the Moto's.

And last but not least bindings I have a few options. Most of the package deals I have been looking at include either the Morrow Invasion bindings, or the 5150 FF1500. and if I choose the K2 board that package comes with K2 Mach bindings. Will pretty much any of these bindings work for me? What should I look for in the fit of a good pair of bindings?

Thanks for your help.