Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rocker, Camber, and everything in between
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #184 (permalink)
SprainedTongue

What a great thread. Very helpful even to riders who've been around a long time but aren't familiar with all the latest gear.

I'm one of those older guys, I've been riding very stiff camber decks like the older Burton Custom or Balance for 19 years. Often these days I don't have the aggression needed to get the whole edge down on those stiff boards. When you're not charging hard enough to get it fully engaged things get very tiring, you have to use a lot of care to hold an edge when such a small amount of it is in contact with the snow, and having those contacts so far out makes you rock a lot as they bounce over bumps.

I'm going to be riding a little mountain this season, Seymour in Vancouver, so I think it's time to add a smaller, more easy going board. I saw a few Gnu decks on clearance from last year, I'm looking at the impossible and the rider's choice. The difference seems to be in the camber profile, EC2 vs C2. I wonder if anybody could explain the difference in ride between those two?

My priorities for this deck would be fun on groomers and jumping ability. Groomer time would be lots of fooling around switch, bs 180 ollies off rollers and drops, and playing on the side hits. Park time would be <20ft jumps, no rails/boxes and no halfpipe. I'm looking for a short, flick-able board so powder ability doesn't factor into this one.

Last edited by SprainedTongue; 10-08-2013 at 02:42 AM.
SprainedTongue is offline   Reply With Quote