Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

New setup, tips?

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  jae 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a Burton Mr. Nice Guy 152 which has the Channel mounting system.

These are what I am looking at:

Bindings:
Burton Mission EST
Burton Cartel EST

Boots:
Burton Ambush
Burton Ruler
K2 Maysis

I am a comfortable double black rider and I am just getting into the park scene, which is why I bought a true twin board. What do you recommend for a decent all mountain rider but beginner freestyle rider?

#5 ·
I was looking at all bindings but I got a great deal on Burton Custom EST bindings. So far I have

Burton Mr Nice Guy
Burton Custom EST Bindings

Would it matter if I got boots that were a bit stiffer? Like a 6 or 7? Because I think both my board and bindings are in the 4-5 flex rating.

#15 ·
In a similar way the fit and finish of a Toyota Yaris is of a much lower quality than a Lexus LS, however both of them will likely last 300+ thousand kms without major repairs.

Obviously the more expensive bindings are better built, smoother ratchets, more comfortable straps, stiffer, etc. But I think the cheap 'ole Custom will likely last just about as long as the rest of the Burton line-up.

That said, I tried Customs and couldn't ride them. I'm too used to driving Lexus'! :yahoo:

#18 · (Edited)
Completely agree with that - that was exactly my point.

If that's the case I know exactly what you mean. Bought a used board with 2012 Customs on it. Took it for a cruise and just found they were too soft, ratchets too clunky, and straps too hurty! lol

But as for build quality, I think they'd be fine for a noob. Past a first setup though I'd go for something stiffer and more comfy.
Again, exactly that - no question that the lower end bindings have inferior appearance/tech/features/comfort (exception: 12-13 and 13-14 Missions which still have my favorite Burton highback), but there is nothing that leads me to believe that they are of inferior construction/production quality.

BTW, didn't Shaun White ride Customs on occasion?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.