Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

New setup, tips?

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  jae 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a Burton Mr. Nice Guy 152 which has the Channel mounting system.

These are what I am looking at:

Bindings:
Burton Mission EST
Burton Cartel EST

Boots:
Burton Ambush
Burton Ruler
K2 Maysis

I am a comfortable double black rider and I am just getting into the park scene, which is why I bought a true twin board. What do you recommend for a decent all mountain rider but beginner freestyle rider?

#5 ·
I was looking at all bindings but I got a great deal on Burton Custom EST bindings. So far I have

Burton Mr Nice Guy
Burton Custom EST Bindings

Would it matter if I got boots that were a bit stiffer? Like a 6 or 7? Because I think both my board and bindings are in the 4-5 flex rating.

#14 ·
On what basis do you say that. "Lower end" Burton bindings esp. the Mission and Customs have pretty much the same solid construction (other than slightly lower end ratchets), just fewer features.

Hint: If dcsnow says the same thing, it is time to re-consider your post ;)
this is a little more true for ladies bindings - citizens for example have toe straps not caps vs rest of the burton ladies line has caps and nicer straps (as well as better ratchets).

#19 ·
this is a little more true for ladies bindings - citizens for example have toe straps not caps vs rest of the burton ladies line has caps and nicer straps (as well as better ratchets).
Yes, good point.

BTW, I believe the Citizen toe straps are also meant to be two way (over the top or cap) capable, but they sure do not look impressive. Same for the Stilleto and Scribe - slightly better, but still not Gettagrip caps.

#15 ·
In a similar way the fit and finish of a Toyota Yaris is of a much lower quality than a Lexus LS, however both of them will likely last 300+ thousand kms without major repairs.

Obviously the more expensive bindings are better built, smoother ratchets, more comfortable straps, stiffer, etc. But I think the cheap 'ole Custom will likely last just about as long as the rest of the Burton line-up.

That said, I tried Customs and couldn't ride them. I'm too used to driving Lexus'! :yahoo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.