Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Looking for a park/rail board

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr. Right 
#1 ·
Well I have most of my bases covered. I'm 5'11" or so, 175-180lbs generally, and ride a size 8.5-9 boot. I'm from Colorado and do most of my riding here. I've got a Burton Bullet 164 (DEEP powder), an M3 Discord 161.5 (powder/go fast), a Sined Mr. Right 158 (go fast/bumps/jumps), and now I'm looking to get a board just for the park. I have only 3 seasons under me and have got the basics nailed and have gotten to where I can get some air and not flail about and eat it most of the time and I will probably try myself in the park a little this season and I want a good board for it. I generally slap ride bindings on all my sticks but I also have a pair of SP Metalizer bindings. What board/binding combo would make an excellent park only board for a guy my size. My legs are very strong I'm kind of built like a midgets brick shithouse lol. I want something good for switch as well, so non-directional if possible. I know very little about park riding. I will be getting some pads as well, because I remember rails and skateboarding :laugh:

#3 ·
I'll mostly be playing with the rails with this board, I like my 158 for jumps. I'm not into spins or anything like that my goal is to get good at switch, bigger jumps (no spins yet), and to start playing on the rails a little this season and see if I like it.

#6 ·
Is it better to go a little shorter than a regular all mountain board? This purchase will be a strictly park board more aimed towards boxes and rails. Also I've heard Ride bindings can be a little stiff for this stuff so I'm probably looking for a binding reccomendation too.

#10 ·
I just went and looked at Bataleon boards and they look pretty cool. I've seen mention of them once on this board so far, are there many people riding them? The overall design of the boards look like they would be pretty sweet for the park since the board goes kind of concave at the nose and the tail. I could see that help with catching your edges a lot coming of a rail.

G
#12 ·
Also, no worries on the directional thing...park boards are made to be riden every which way in the park. Have you checked out the Forum manual lineup? They seem pretty nice as well as the ones already mentioned... hope that helps some! :D

#13 · (Edited)
Yeah, maybe I'll rent a few small flexible boards this year and see if I find anything I like. I doubt I'll find a bataleon that I can rent or demo but who knows. At $400 for their cheapest board I'd like to make damn sure I ride one before I purchase it. A bunch of my friends are getting new boards this year as well so I'll definitely be bumming a couple testrides :D

I've always kind of liked the way Forum boards look (not graphics but sometimes you look at the way a board is cut and just like it you know?) so I will definitely check them out as well, thanks for the suggestion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.