Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Red Mt?

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  mag⋅net⋅ism 
G
#1 ·
Hey was wondering if anyone has been to Red Mt in Rossland, BC?

#2 ·
I've been to Red -- rode there last year and planning on another trip at the end of Feb. Doing a bit of a resort hop actually: a couple of days at Revy, couple at Whitewater then a couple at Red.

The terrain in the Kootenays isn't typically as challenging as say that in the Rockies or the Coastals, but the snow is supposed to be totally awesome -- low water-content and prolific! Unfortunately that wasn't my experience last year; it hadn't snowed in more than a week when I got there and had warmed then cooled considerably so it was a lot of ice.

The best part of Red is the fact that you can ride 360 off the peak. Unlike many other resorts where you can only ride a face of a mountain, you can take the chair to the peak and drop in on any side you like, cattracks that spiral the mountain ensure that you can always make it back to a lift.

I haven't ever really engaged in the nightlife there, and from my experience last year it didn't seem like there was much to speak of. I'd love to hear of decent restaurants or bars that anyone's been to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.