Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda correspondance with Burton
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
KaguraPow

Hey man,

Good timing! I toyed with the `cuda, but wanted the malolo! I have been looking all year. Nearly bought a pinner, or imported a 2011 malolo, but last weekend I found and bought a 2006 malolo in pretty good condition, super-cheap. I might have it tuned up properly by a shop (it has a small ding in the side - not in the edge - and a graze out of the top-sheet nearby) before the season starts.

Its a 158, which will be pretty perfect for my needs. I`m 184, but I`ve had an ongoing stomach issue which has meant I have dropped a couple of kgs to 67.5. Burton said the 162 or the 158 would be fine. Less flap on the groomers on a shorter board - not that I ride them much - and less stability at speed than a longer board, but it`ll feel a bit more slashy which will be useful for some of the valleys I ride. I have skinny ankles and my regular board is a 159, so the 158 pow-specific ride should rock my world. Hopefully!

Have you bought the `cuda yet? How much are they this season?
KaguraPow is offline   Reply With Quote