Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First boarding trip
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowAngel View Post
Hey. I've recently taken up snowboarding lessons, i've made it on to the main indoor slope and have just learnt to link my turns, although i still need a bit more practice! I have been offered a trip with some mates to go to Solden resort in Austria. Just wondering if you guys have any tips, advice or recommendations as this will be my first snowboarding holiday on natural snow, and am feeling a bit apprehensive as it's all new to me. I really enjoy doing my lessons, and this trip sounds amazing, but i'm not sure if i'm ready for a real mountain (sorry, that probably sounds really silly!)
Also how much does real snow differ to man made? will real snow be more difficult or faster to board on?
Don't worry, its going to be awesome! Just remember simple shit like enough layers and clothing options, goggles and sunblock. Some people like to carry snacks and drinks in a pack, others don't, so that is all personal preference. Mp3 playlist.