Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - linking turns - from heel to toe edge
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowAngel View Post
Ever since i started snow boarding lessons i've always found going on my heel edge (even when slip sliding) the most difficult to manage. i've now made it onto the main indoor slope - i can link my toe to heel edge turn really easily, but i'm having trouble linking my heel to toe edge turn. Do you have any tips which will help me improve my heel to toe edge turn, or is it just something that will get easier with practice?
Toeside turns are mostly difficult because you're likely trying to look downhill and only committing to the toeside turn with part of your body. It's a common problem because a lot of people try to keep their upper body/head looking downhill while their lower body is trying to turn toeside and you end up fighting against your own turn.

That's why toe to heelside turns tend to be easier because you naturally want to look downhill, whereas with your heelside to toeside turns you don't.

Here's a blog I did that should help you out: Why Your Toeside Turns Require More Work Than Heelside & How To Fix It

Basically a huge part of making toeside turns as easy as heelside turns is just making sure you turn with your whole body and not just your lower half.