Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Quick Review: Kessler The Ride 158cm
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Vesikeuhko

Default Kessler ride 163

I bought the Kessler ride 163 last year and it's about the most fun board I have ever had, at least for freeriding. It floats great in powder, is light and super fast. I ride it with Flow nx something super stiff free ride bindings and Burton driver X boots. I originally set it up with SP mountain freeride bindings but they were not stiff enough, in my opinion.

When I first bought it I took it out on a day when it was about -25c and the slopes were rock hard and difficult to ride. I also had some very close calls and a couple of times hit the deck hard.
I took it home and detuned the edges about 1-2 inches from when it curves towards the contact points, pure carvers will gasp, I know. However, the board is now super playfull and has lost it's carving only very slightly.
Having said that, the board is like riding a Ferrari, it's super fun but requires the rider to pay attention.

I am 170cm / 78kg, other boards I currently own are: Neversummer proto, F1 & SL split, jones solution split, Burton custom

Last edited by Vesikeuhko; 10-18-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Vesikeuhko is offline   Reply With Quote