Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Resort
Thread: Midwest Resort
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
MeanJoe

I'm in Ohio as well and have done a lot of trips to Seven Springs for long weekends.

Staying on the resort can be a bit expensive for lodging, at least when you are in your 40's and splitting a single bedroom condo with 8 guys is no longer an option for you. If you have a group and can split the costs, it won't be bad. Alternatives is renting a cabin just off the property or we've even done cheap hotel rooms (i.e. Quality Inn) in Somerset which is just a 15 minute drive to the resort.

The Foggy Goggle is the best damn resort bar in the world. On a nice day, drinking and partying on the deck is a great time. One of the advantages of lodging on the property is you can really have a good time at the Foggy Goggle and not worry about driving.

I find Seven Springs to get really crowded on the weekends. I usually spend most of my time on the North slopes and try to avoid everything directly in front of the main lodge. They do have nice parks and the urban park right by the Foggy Goggle is pretty killer. Far more advanced than my ability so I usually watch the action from the deck of the Foggy Goggle.

Did I mention The Foggy Goggle? Yeah, great place.

MeanJoe
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote