Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner to Intermediate Board
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
I just want to be able to link turns and get down a blue with this. I don't think I'm ready to rip it up at all...
Then the Skate Banana will be perfect for you. There are differences in boards, but forums and internet reviews seem to magnify these differences. On the slopes, the differences are still there but not as huge.

My buddy does 50 mph+ on a Skate Banana. He hopped on a Proto last year and liked it, but that was it. Nobody but me in my group visit snowboarding forums. All very happy with whatever gear they have.

Long story short ... just go have fun. You're nowhere near the level you need to be where differences between boards are that critical. Hell I'm not either and I can do a lot more than link turns and ride down a blue (not knocking, I was there 3 years ago). But 3-4 years later I can now tell the difference between boards. Some are more fun than others. But those first few years they were all fun (except too stiff death rockets).

Last edited by jdang307; 10-19-2013 at 11:37 AM.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote