Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First boarding trip
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowAngel View Post
They are new like me, although a couple of them are a level above me in the lessons. With this trip, it includes an instructor... although i'm not to sure what they will be teaching us, or if they are just there for support as its our first winter trip. Either way i'm hoping the instructor will be on the lift with us to help! Been watching videos on youtube about chairlifts... they make it look really easy, but i know that it'll be completely different once i'm there haha just going to try not to think about it too much... and make sure i have the highest insurance cover haha

Thanks everyone else for the advice! am hopefully going to confirm my place on the trip this week! exciting!!
Not sure if the vids you've been watching mention this or not, but use your eyes...where you look is where you will go.

Glance down while about to unload if you must (to feel secure with your hind foot placement) but keep your eyes up and ahead in the direction you wish to go. Also, relax and breathe.

Good luck!
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote