Boot lace preference?
I'm wanting to hear/read people's lace preferences for their boots. Tell me your experiences with different laces, good, bad and the in between.
I like traditional laces. I've own boa and double boa and my girl has had the burton mints pull string and 32 boa and my buddy has some 32 pull string.
My experience with these, boa is an awesome design, it's super fast and convenient but super stiff. It didn't have a snug natural flex that I like, even if I rode them loose they were loose till I reached the tension area and did not give. My girls boa had the same problem. But her pull string boots had a comfortable flex but was difficult to get correct tightness she wanted and seem to loosen as the day went by. My buddy loves his pull string 32 boots but I see him adjusting them thru out the day. He won't admit it. Lol.
I love traditional laces because of many reasons.
1. Durable and easy to fix on a trip and cheap.
2. The natural flex the give without having to ride them loose.
3. The adjustability is super easy. You can tighten the bottom tighter then tie a single knot before you go up the ankle and allow it to be looser.
4. Can change the color which gives your boot a new look.
5. I just think they feel better for an all day ride and I ride hard as hell.
That's just my take on it. Now prove me wrong. ;-)