Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Two Capita's - One Choice

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  hoots_manuva 
#1 ·
Hey all, I am looking to getting my first setup to own. I have done a lot of research but just can't decide between these two sick boards. I want a "do it all" board for my first until I really discover what I love to ride. I've got my choices down to these two:

Capita Black Snowboard of Death - 2014
Capita Defenders of Awesome - 2014
:dunno:

#10 ·
I should also say that I am around 5'9" and 130 lbs. The BSOD comes in at 156 at the shortest. Is that a tad too long? Also I am a pretty experienced rider, just never owned my own stuff. I'm open to any other suggestions for an all mountain board thats good in pow and trees. I've heard the YES basic is a good choice for some?

#11 ·
This years BSOD ain't so stiff. Infact, putting the knee into them in the store it actually feels less stiff then the DOA, even though it's rated as .5 stiffer.

I have last years DOA and was looking at a new BSOD for this season since it's described as having some things I didn't necessarily love about my DOA.

Those being a slightly tapered in the tail for a little better ride in the pow, flatter through the tail hopefully willmaybe feel a little longer on edge, and reinforcement that goes from insert - v'd out to the edges. Which I think is going to keep the feel in the tips vs underfoot more consistent.

That's my main gripe about my DOA, too soft in the tips. Its reinforcements run lengthwise, but dont extend to the tips.

Both boards seem dope, and if I had the $ Id have a half dozen capita's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.