Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Arthritis.......wait, what??
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
firstx1017

female

I ride regular mostly and my right knee has been giving me problems since I switched from skiing to snowboarding. It gets really swollen and sore after our weekends of snowboarding and takes all week till we go again the following weekend and then sore again. I use a brace on it also and have been taking ibuprofen which helps. However, I HATE having to take ibuprofen that much. In my off season I have no problem hiking, biking and waterskiing/wakeboarding, but snowboarding is a problem. I was reading up and have just started taking Ginger which is a natural remedy that is suppose to help with arthritis. I also have hip pain flare up on occasion and since taking the Ginger these past 2 weeks I have no hip pain. I read it may take 6-8 weeks to see results and so I started and can't wait to see if it helps during snowboarding season. Have no idea of this is bogus or not, but I will take this until the season ends and then decide if it was bogus and either keep taking it or stop.