Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I hate boxes
Thread: I hate boxes
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
shelbybeck

Default please explain further....

I know this is an old thread...but you've touched on something here that I think might be a key for me.
I know what you're saying about lining up with the end of the feature as you're comin' in.....but can you kindof go into alittle detail on HOW you personally do this?.....what is your technique for doing this?.....I'm assuming this is how you do it for a box OR a rail?....
so for example, if you're hitting a hop on downrail, how would you do this?
also, some downrails/bars you can't see the end til you pop....what is your approach to this?....
I know applying this concept of lining up with the END of the rail is key..I just need alittle help understanding exactly how you do that and how/when that takes place with the timing of what you're doing as you're approaching the feature during the last 10 - 20 feet if the run in.
So if you're approaching a down rail/bar where you can see the end and you're hopping on frontside to do a 5050 (and you're a regular rider) are you looking just slightly to the right of the end of the rail as you're riding in?.....directly at the end of the rail?.....slightly to the left of the rail? ie- the same side you're jumping on from?......lol.......sorry for the book, but I'm just trying to understand your own personal technique, what you're seeing and feeling and what you try to duplicate everytime you're settin' up and comin' in to the feature.
thanx!
shelbybeck is offline   Reply With Quote