Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: Section Black Label Snowboard Pant
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gnarly
Veteran Member

Final review on these pants before they're retired.

40+ riding days later and these pants are starting to really show their age. The right ankle is all torn up, and the knees are starting to look worn from so many times kneeling while waiting for my friends to catch up. The right pocket where I keep my keys while I ride is also starting to develop a hole from the keys poking through the material when I crash.

Waterproofing:
They're still plenty waterproof (they should be at 20,000mm rating). Just last week, I rode Beaver Creek in foggy, humid conditions with the wettest snow I've ever seen. It puked sloppy wet snow from 8am till I left at 2pm. My jacket (not waterproof) was soaked through by the end of the day, but the pants were bone dry and repelled water like Rosanne Barr repells men.

Temp Stability:
I've never worn anything besides a pair of shorts underneath these pants and have ridden them in temp extremes from 55 degrees to -36 with windchill, and I never had a day where I was too hot or too cold.

Durability
The ankle being all torn up was strange. The 2nd to last day I rode last year, I had a bunch of ice build up on the inside of my highback and it stuck to the ankle on my pants. So when I unstrapped my right foot to get on the lift (regular rider), it ripped a big chunk of pants material away with it. Rode 14 days since then and the hole just keeps getting bigger and bigger and...

Style
Style wise, the pants aren't anything to rave about. Plain ol' black pants aren't anything special to look at.

Final ratings:

Waterproofing: 10/10
Temperature Stability: 10/10
Durability: 5/10
Style: 5/10

Overall: 7.5/10
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote