Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Execs pay bonuses
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
MunkySpunk
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Execs pay bonuses

AIG (and other people in a position to determine them) says they are needed to hang onto the brightest and best minds in the business. I ask why AIG (and others) want to hang onto the same people that got them into this mess. I also ask what people making several million a year need with several more million. I never got a reward from my boss for fucking up.

Where would these high-demand money-pits go if none of the corps receiving aid could give a bonus? Maybe losing these people is either a just-reward or a blessing-in-disguise for these 'businesses.' The companies that don't need government help are doing something right and don't need these retards. Who is going to hire a high-powered exec known for his ability to burn money?

There's also the argument that the bonuses are needed to atract new hires that can get them out of this mess. My response is the same thing the Repubs tell the poor (but never the rich): Sink or swim on your own, asshole.

Obviously, I'm against.

Are you for it? Why?
Are you against it? Why?
Are you somewhere in the middle? Why?

Last edited by MunkySpunk; 02-01-2009 at 12:15 PM.