Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hertel Board Wax...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
lisevolution
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubllsu8338 View Post
I have the bluebird cold wax. Got a big bar of it for $9.99. I think it works great for the ice coast. I live in central NY and just started using it on my board. I have only applied it once so far, it was a bitch to scrape compared to all temp, and have benn out on it four times now. I fly by people on skis and boards with this stuff. After this last time, 4th trip on wax job, I started to see a little edge burn. Just thought I'd let ya know my experience with it seeings as you were thinking about it.

On the note of the thread I might actually pick some of this hertel wax up. I am always looking for different waxes to try and see which lasts longer and makes me faster! I love being able to ride a flat for awhile without unstrapping and skating like my friends have to do. This stuff sounds pretty decent, I'll have to nab some and see if I like it more than my bluebird that I am currently using.
I appreciate the Feedback on the bluebird... I've only heard good things about it, but it's a bit expensive and somewhat hard to find where I am so I haven't taken a shot at using it. I may buy some of both the Hertel and the Bluebird so I can get a comparison of the two and stick with the one I like better. I generally like the all-temp wax because although I ride predominantly here on the ice coast, I do take trips out west and to deal with the hassle of stripping and re-waxing to all-temp kinda sucks
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote