Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What are your fears and frustrations, what's holding you back?
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 01:22 AM
shelbybeck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJayness View Post
Anybody have advice for flips? I want to learn how to be comfortable with flips. (rodeo/trampoline-style backflip)

I can land about 3/4 backflips when practicing on a tramp, but I know I don't naturally tuck on the trampoline, which I was told you always have to do on a board.

When on a board, I think I could get the rotation of the flip. Except, I don't know how I'd do with adjusting for the angle of the landing. What I mean is... I feel like I'd be flipping at the angle of the jump itself, while not being able to position myself in the air for the landing.

I'm planning on doing a lot of airbag practice this season before I balls up and commit to a real flip. But... an airbag is a flat 90 degree landing... not a 40 degree or whatever landing from a jump.

Does this adjustment come naturally? Or do you have to practice to make up for that extra leveling-out rotation?

Thanks!
throw it and land in some deep pow....don't try it on a groomed run, ESPECIALLY in wi.......you'll break your f'n neck

scott stevens is my HERO!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.