Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Catching an edge, overhang. riser pads?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
DOD

Default Catching an edge, overhang. riser pads?

I started snowboarding about a month ago (mid-January), and I can ride pretty decent now, I can go down green runs pretty fast, and blue and black runs I can do as well. I find I have a few problems though, I catch an edge and eat snow quite often on the steeper runs. Ussually I only catch an edge when it's icy, and thats why i stay away from black runs when it's icy cause i don't want to be in pain for the next week. I think it's my toes that cause me to fall cause they hang over my board a little bit. I have a size 13 boot, and I bought a wider board and my feet still hung over with my bindings at 15,-15 angles, so i changed the angles to 21,-21 and that seemed to help a bit, but not enough. Usually the points when my toes catch is when I am riding straight flat based, or in the middle of linking my turns when carving. Also why would I catch my toes and fall more when it's icy rather than when it's fresh snow?

How can i fix this? I have heard of buying risers for your bindings? What do these do?

Please help!! I hate this problem, I like to leave the mountain learning something new every time I go, and this is really preventing me from doing so because I am always scared i could fall when it's icy.