Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NJ/NY/PA Area - Looking for mountains
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
crashadamp

i live in wilkes-Barre/Scrantpon area of pa and skied for 6yrs before i switched over to the board. ive been bording now for almost 10yrs and my # 1 local area (in NEPA) is elk mtn. hands down the best daytime boarding and the most powder (if u want to call it that) in pa. lift lines arnt to bad but they take awhille to get up them. if ur looking for a park mountain big boulder would be my choice. allthough none of these are big mtn resorts, they are fun just to shit around at. i personallry will rather take a drive for 3hrs to bellarye Ny for a day trip. not as tall as hunter or windom, but less populated and a really fun cheap place to ride. i just got back from killingto vt last month. i was there for a 3 day trip and that was awesome if ur looking for accouple dayer. this month i plan on getting myself up to jay peak, vt. a lot of people strongly recomend this place for its back country, if ur geting board of the slopes. down fall to that is, its an 8hr drive for me. i should be up there march 2-4th so i let u know how that goes when i get back.