Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Bataleon Evil Twin TBT and Yes Jackpot

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  kev711 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm looking into changing my K2 parkstar for a new board. Narrowed it down to Yes Jackpot or Bataleon Evil Twin. It seems TBT is a bit controversial as you either love it or loathe it.

I will get the opportunity to try them out in a snowdome but wanted your opinion on both boards and TBt.

Cheers!

#2 ·
Never ridden the Jackpot, but my impression is that it is a good bit softer than the Evil Twin, though the ET is not a stiff as it used to be.

Personally I love TBT. After buying a mostly rockered board, I realized that I missed camber and I bought a Bataleon board. TBT has the stability of camber with a little added surfy fun. I had no issues with it and adapted to it quickly.

#4 ·
I rode an Evil Twin as my backup board for a season - TBT is awesome for spins since it is very forgiving. I always was a little nervous on fast groomer days since the edges don't grab hold as quick if it is a little icy. Overall, I loved it though and would recommend TBT for sure.

#9 ·
I had the evil twin but sold it because I thought it was way too stiff for that type board.

Keep in mind that mine was the 2010 model, just before bataleon changed to the new factory. Their boards used to be built much more sturdy and had much less flex throughout the line. Not saying the new boards are bad in any way...they're just no longer "over-built".

I've since bought the GW and, although I haven't ridden it yet, it "shop-flexes" a hell of a lot more than my ET did. The GW has similar features to the ET, including a sintered base, but has the added plus of carbon.

#10 ·
i love bataleon! i had a older funkink(the one with the butcher on it) and had a blast. i'm on a disaster now and LOVE it! super fun and i can still hit jumps. the tbt was easy to get used to.....i think you'll love it. i see that most people (park rats and all mountain) are going back to camber

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.