Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First Week of Snowboardining - Thanks for all the help!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
DevilWithin
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default First Week of Snowboarding - Thanks for all the help!

I just got back from my first snowboarding trip during the week of Thanksgiving and I'm hooked! Thanks to all of the advice everyone on here gave me back in Sept / October. The time I took fitting my boots definitely paid off...they were perfect. I also took the advice most folks on here provided and took some private lessons. Both the lessons and incorporating more stretches / snowboarding specific exercises into my workout routine prior to the trip definitely helped me make rapid progress.

I fell a good bit the first day, but was linking turns by the end of it. After another half day lesson I was confidently riding the green runs (making down without falling). I stuck to green runs for most of the week and gave a shot at a few blues. I met my brother and his family out in Lake Tahoe, so the early season conditions weren't all that great. We were at Northstar and they were making snow every night. I can't complain too much for my first trip though. It was good to see family and learn to board. I spent about 5 hours a day snowboarding and hung out with family for lunch and in the evenings. Good times.

I've already booked my next trip during Christmas to CO. I only wish I would have started snowboarding sooner -- guess better late than never.

Thanks again to everyone on here for the advice and support!

Last edited by DevilWithin; 12-02-2013 at 07:12 PM.
DevilWithin is offline   Reply With Quote