Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #1588 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

So much for being really warm. Still crazy windy, but temps are dropping quick. Looks like the drive up Wednesday will be a BITCH. Here's the NOAA forecast for Evergreen:

Tonight: A 20 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Very windy, with a west wind 38 to 43 mph decreasing to 30 to 35 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph.

Tuesday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to near 34 by 11am, then falling to around 22 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a west wind 8 to 17 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow. Low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -3. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 12. Wind chill values as low as -5. East southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

So, it looks like the foothills will be looking at 10-20". I-70 gonna be a shit show... if it's even open.