Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for my next board - 7' 180lbs and size 14 boots
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kolhell

Default Looking for my next board - 7' 180lbs and size 14 boots

Yeah. That.

I would consider myself an intermediate rider, but I can take on most black diamonds and am interested in learning to ride parks this year. I live on the east coast and don't get many chances for pow days, but I try to make one trip out west each year for a week.

I've been riding a Freesport Braxus 164 wide for the last 3-4 years, but the base has peeled away from the core and the board just needs to be replaced at this point. It's the board that I learned on, and I have not been gentle to this poor thing. I'm hoping that a lot of epoxy will get me through this season so I can hunt for a demo board or something next year, but I'm not really sure what to look for. I REALLY don't weigh enough to push this current board, but I don't have many options as my stance is pretty freaking wide. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Also, I have a friend with a 163 wide Lib Tech TRS from 2-3 years back hanging on the wall in his shop that's only been ridden once, by him, for $300. I'm concerned that the board feels a little stiffer than my current one, but that may just be because my old POS has been broken in so much. Apart from the fact that it's a steal and I can probably get him down to $270, should I go for it or should I shop around?

Many thanks to you all for your help.
Kolhell is offline   Reply With Quote