Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - short and skinny problems
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrienne! View Post
So I'm just starting out and am getting a lot of mixed opinions about what kind of gear I should be looking for. Despite all the bruises, pains, possible whip lash, and over all muscle soreness I really cannot wait to get back on a board. The problem I'm having is I'm 5'3", 125 lbs and not afraid of anything but zombies and creepers. Should I buy a kids board? What do I look for in bindings? Camber vs Rocker? Boots? I live in a part of the world with one "ski/ snowboard resort" that's primarily made up of fake snow.. does that make a difference? Can I just practice on the giant frozen grassy hill in my back yard? Also... goggles... I mean why aren't the lenses just named after what its actually used for...and lastly, price. I'm a parent. Can I hold off buying that $400 board, or is it completely worth it? I get the gear-head thing. Im really into backpacking, and other forms of outdoor sporting, but sometimes price isn't the case when it comes to effectiveness..Anyway, help?
Get a 147-150 board. Plenty out there.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote