Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - UNION Factory Binding Review
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
rscott22

Default UNION Factory Binding Review

Hey guys, I recently upgraded to the new UNION Factory from my old 2011 UNION force and thought id give you my experience.

First off off details on me and equipment used with the binding. I'm 5'10 175lbs and wear a size 11 ThirtyTwo TM-2 boot, board 2013 Never Summer EVO 154cm, binding is L/XL UNION Factory

When I first rode these bindings I thought they were horrible, until I realised I had been cranking them down way to tight! I was so used to my forces which needed to be cranked wayyy down to feel right and secure, where the Factory was a much for lack of better words "better" built binding. The top strap covered more of my boot and felt much softer and responsive then the Forces. The canting seemed to make a huge difference and actually allowed to me max out my stance on my board with comfort.

The toe strap wasn't as bad I worried it would be, from all the reviews i've read. It slipped over the toe of my boot perfectly and didn't "mash" down on my toes or feel "confined" at all. The high back seemed to be stiffer, but nothing to crazy that you could felt it out if necessary.

The only thing I wish UNION would do is make the binding tool less!!! I canno't stress that one enough. I like to adjust my bindings depending on what I'm doing, so a tool less binding would be a huge plus.

Over all a great upgrade and much more responsive binding over the UNION force. I should also add I tested the ROME Targa Boss and BURTON cartel, before purchasing the Factory. I felt the union binding would last longer and be more reliable.

Thanks,
Ryan
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote