Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon Violenza
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Triple8Sol
Veteran Member

Default Bataleon Violenza + Ride Sigma MVMT (review & pics)

So, V-Day was this past weekend. After weeks of searching everywhere and doing a ton of research, I found some smoking deals on a 2009 Bataleon Violenza 145 and 2007 Ride Sigma MVMT bindings. I'm kind of jealous, actually. Don't get me wrong, she loved the new gear, but I feel like I'm more stoked on it than her...lol.

Previously she was riding a 4yr old Roxy 147 & Roxy bindings. Being an intermediate rider, going to a 2cm shorter board with a 0.5cm narrower waist made a big difference. Much less effort to initiate turns, even at slower speeds and/or on flatter terrain. The TBT on the Violenza looks a bit less dramatic than on my Riot, although I'm not sure how much of that has to do with the optical illusion created by the difference in width and base color. That said, she definitely noticed an immediate difference in terms of not ever feeling the edges trying to catch.

Coming from the garbo bindings she was using before, the new ones are way more comfortable and responsive, and has the convertible toe strap. Has all the adjustments you'd want, except that you can't rotate the highbacks and the heelcup is fixed. I'd want those adjustments, but for someone of her skill level, I'm not too worried.

Here are a couple stock photos:

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 02-18-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: OP asked to have title edited.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote