Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Recommendation - Intermediate Rider - Berzerker or Wild Life?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
toned

Default Board Recommendation - Intermediate Rider - Berzerker or Wild Life?

Weight: 195 pounds
Height: 6 feet
Boot size: 10 US
Riding style: Groomers, mostly going down hill, taking jumps once a while (small)
budget: best bang:buck...under 300$ ideally
Ride around the hills of Ottawa

I have been riding off and on for about 10 years...I am comfortable with green and blue, some blacks are still too much to handle, but I am good with most of them...I link turns well and consider myself an intermediate level rider...I find the most find in going down blue's and green's since I can relax and just enjoy the ride...I go off small jumps once in a while, I don't bother with the park...based on the reading I've done I think I am best suited for an all mountain board

I am looking at a last year's model boards to save some $...US or CDN stores, it's fine

I am leaning towards either a Ride Wild Life or a Berzerker...I am worried the berzerker will be too much board for me, but I also want the best board

within my budget that I will enjoy and won't find too stiff. I am leaning towards a 161 sized board (Not wide), since that's what I am on now and I find it a good size. If I had to guess, I would say I prefer a softer feeling boarding.

The 2013 berzerker is currently on sale for 280 at the-house
The 2013 wild Life is 240ish

I've only even ridden hand me down boards, and currently on my 3rd board which is a Nitro Titan 64...I don't recall what the previous ones were

So having said that, can anyone confirm/deny that the berzerker is too much board for me?
Is the Wild Life the better fit?
Is there any other boards that I should consider while doing my research? (I don't care which brand)

Also I am still unclear about whether or not I need a Wide board or not since I am a size 10 boot.

Honestly I find this overwhelming, I've spent the last few nights researching boards and the more info I come across, the harder the decision seems to be, so any feedback is appreciated
toned is offline   Reply With Quote