Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Best Mt. outside NC...

805 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  VenomousSVT 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys I live in SC and have been snowboarding in NC for the past few years and now I am ready to go outside of the state. What is the closesnt mountain that would be really good. I drive places so nothing crazy far....thanks!

G
#3 ·
Snowshoe, by far. Wintergreen and Massenutten are so so. Snowshoes is where it's at if your drivin from SC , NC. Lots of trails decent elevation. At snowshoe you have silvercreek as well pretty good terrain park, weak pipe though. I go about 7-10 time a year to snowshoe drive up from Va beach.

#6 ·
If you are driving, Snowshoe is about your only option for a good mountain. The resort is pretty decent since Intrawest took it over. Depending on where you are in SC, you may be able to daytrip to Winterplace. It's about the same as Sugar or Beech, but the mtn is laid out differently. I've driven to VT before, but I would not recommend that (nor would I do it again).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.