Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have experience with Snowshoe, WV?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
mdc

I love Snowshoe. Fun mountain. The Western Territory(cupp run and shays revenge) are super fun, and you can get a ton of runs in over there because of the high speed quad. The rest of the mountain is fun, just avoid the main lift at the bottom on the weekends because it can be a long line. Silvercreek as said is a great place to avoid the crowds, and the runs on the far right looking up from the bottom are fun.

Remember to bring everything you need to Snowshoe. Hit the grocery store before getting there. Bring all food, beer and booze. They have a little convenience store on the hill that is expensive and has a very limited selection. If you plan on eating out up there plan on bringing lots of $$$. We always bring everything and might go out and eat at the Embers once while there. Embers is a nice place but expensive, but it is good. I also like to eat at the Fox Fire Grill. Beyond that I can't recommend any of the other places they have to eat. I guess the pizza joint is ok, but I can't bring myself to pay $25 for a large pizza.

Also, if you do have some good powder do the "run" under the lift at the Western Territory. You will most likely get your pass/ticket yanked for doing so but it's well worth it! Enjoy!

MDC
mdc is offline   Reply With Quote