Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Sizing issue with bindings (aka, was it a bad purchase?)
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
chrisboy

Default Sizing issue with bindings (aka, was it a bad purchase?)

Hi all,

I'd like to have you guys opinion on a sizing issue I have with newly purchased bindings.

I got a fair deal on a 2013 board and got some Burton Custom bindings to go along. My boots are 2010 Burton Ruler boots, size 10.5. The vendor insisted on selling me size Large bindings (size 10+), even though size medium (8-11) would have been fine, in my opinion. This is especially true since I already have what I assume is medium size 2004 Custom bindings on my older board, which work and fit just fine.

Anyway, trying my boots on those new bindings, I noticed that there was a significant gap between the outer side of the boot and the inner wall of the binding (see picture attached - up to 2 cm wide, when opposite side of the boot is in contact with opposite inner wall of the binding).

To me, this doesn't look too good. But I'd like to have your opinion on that. Is it actually an issue, and if so, what are the main problem(s) or consequence(s) I might experience because of that. I am guessing poorer force redistribution and overall poorer responsiveness, but I might be wrong.

Thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbb.JPG (159.7 KB, 89 views)
chrisboy is offline   Reply With Quote