Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board Yes PYL vs NS Cobra vs Rome Anthem
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jes-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
Well I think those 3 boards would do what you're looking to do with some variation in stiffness - the bigger question would be what kind of camber profile you prefer to ride. All 3 have different profiles:

Yes PYL: Camrock profile...camber between the bindings, rocker after the bindings.

NS Cobra: NS RC profile...rocker between and under the bindings, camber thru to the transition area.

Rome Anthem: traditional camber profile.

If you've never ridden a board with rocker between the bindings you might want to demo first.
To be honest, I've only ridden my current board. I constantly read about the hybrid boards and I sort of scratch my head. I understand the concept, I just haven't strapped one on and tried it. Is the ride that much more different. Does it feel like the nose is riding higher? Is the turn intitiation that much more difficult? Being in Miami, I can't really take a day and ride it out. If I was to try a demo, I'd burn a day of my short trip just trying something new. It's a gamble, but knowing myself, once I invest, I will commit and ride the hell out of the choice.

I bought the Rome Anthem knowing nothing about Camber, I just went for it and got used to it. I've managed to enjoy it very much.
Jes-Z is offline   Reply With Quote