Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on the Right Board
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
jewelsca611

Default Advice on the Right Board

I've been snowboarding for 4 years and now I want to find the right board for me (one that I can use for a while and get better with.) I've only begun looking into the different kinds of snowboards so I would like some advice on what I should get.

I ride groomed blue squares and black diamonds (the only "park" I ever do is jumps now and then) so I think I'm looking for a Women's Intermediate to Advanced All-Mountain Freeride snowboard. Through the "research" I've done on snowboards I think one with a directional (or semi-directional) shape, a camber profile, and a medium flex would be right for me. I'm 5' 4" so 143 to 147 is the length range I'm looking at.

A few boards I've looked at are:

Burton Feelgood ICS Snowboard - Womens (On Sale Burton Feelgood ICS Snowboard - Womens up to 50% off) This one only comes in the length 156 But it has everything else that I want (plus the sale price is AMAZING!)

Burton Feelgood Snowboard - Womens 2014 (On Sale Burton Feelgood Snowboard - Womens 2014) Would I be able to handle the stiffness?

Rossignol Justice Amptex Snowboard 145 - Womens (On Sale Rossignol Justice Amptek Snowboard 145 - Womens up to 40% off) Is the Hybrid Amptek All-Mountian Camber what I'm looking for? Is Rossignol a good brand for snowboards?

DC Ply Snowboard - Womens 2014 (On Sale DC Ply Snowboard - Womens 2014) Is this DC board one that will last me for a long time?

Overall I'm just looking for a women's board that will help me go fast, carve hard, and progressively get better with on groomed runs.

Do you have any idea about what would be right for me? Like I said, I've only been looking into snowboard design for a little while now, so I hope I didn't get any of this information incorrect.

Thanks!
jewelsca611 is offline   Reply With Quote