Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - help on new board to replace my 13 year old Airwalk :)
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chatter

Default help on new board to replace my 13 year old Airwalk :)

Hello All,
I'm a female rider (5' 6", 140lbs) looking for a new snowboard to replace my 2000 Airwalk snowboard I was gifted in college 13 years ago. I would consider myself a beginner to intermediate rider but I lack confidence. I want a board that will allow me to get more comfortable carving and overall stability & skills. I stick with groomed trails, hate moguls and prefer blue runs. Some days I enjoy the speed and feel confident with my turning. At the end of the day, when my muscles are tired I panic and freeze up (and basically face forward the rest of the way down the mountain). After sometimes 3 year gaps between snowboarding I finally have a season pass and I'd really like to become a better snowboarder. I will be looking over the tips & techniques section but I'm hoping for some insight on a board that will fit my style. Just to clarify, I have zero desire for tricks, jumps or cutting through trees. I just want to become a better boarder on groomed trails or some powder, with the option of going a little faster as I improve. I'd also appreciate any input on length as well. Thanks in advance!
Chatter is offline   Reply With Quote