Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - new guy needs a board & gear advice
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
insan3guy

Default new guy needs a board & gear advice

Hi. I just moved to the seattle area a few months ago, and I'm going to be here until may, so I figured that I should enjoy myself while I can before shipping to basic. I've been dabbling in snowboarding for the last two years or so but I've never had the funds to dedicate to a whole season of it.
I have a board, bindings and boots, but it's my brother's old board and it doesn't look like it would survive the winter. (it's a Mantle, if it matters)
I'm 135lbs, but I'm trying to gain 10 or 20 pounds during the winter.
Foot size is 11US/27cm/10.75" (I have a pair of men's burton progression boots, size 12)
If all goes well, I'll be getting a season pass to snoqualmie, so that's where I'll be riding mostly. I don't think I like the idea of going into the park quite yet, but I might at some point. Probably just use some craigslist board to beat on if I do.
Budget for a new board is between $200 and $300

I have absolutely no idea where to even start when it comes to buying a board, or gear for that matter. I have basic stuff (goggles, some gloves I got for cheap, and a waterproof motorcycle jacket that does pretty well in the cold and wind) but I feel like I'd be happier with some more purpose-built things.
insan3guy is offline   Reply With Quote