Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wet storage
Thread: Wet storage
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Punkulf

Default Wet storage

Hey everyone,

Just starting the new season here in Québec. I have a brand new board this year (Gnu Carbon Credit) and this will be my first full season of snowboard.

There is a small mountain just 15 minutes from my house, and they sell tickets by the hours. So here's my plan...
Wake up early, go snowboarding for 1 or 2 hours, then go to work for my normal schedule. I am just starting to link turns, and now I gotta get some regular practice under my belt...

But since the moutain is kinda between my job and my appartment, going back to my flat to deposit all my gear is not an option...

Now here's my problem : the snowboard.

It will be wet, and I fear rust on the edges. Can I just leave the board in the car wet all day? Should I took it inside at my job for it to dry? Temperatures here in winter are anywhere between +5 celcius to -30 celcius... I wanna keep it in the best condition as long as I can.

What do u guys think? I am not afraid of theft since I work in a government medical clinic, my parking is secure. Actually, I can see my car from my office window!

Also, I have a kind of knitted sleeve as a snowboard cover. Should I wait for the snowboard to dry before putting it back on for storage? I see my last pair of ice skates with the blades all rusted and I fear this could happen to my snowboard...
Punkulf is offline   Reply With Quote