Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - From Swallow Tip to Rocker where to next?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
ebade2000

Cool From Swallow Tip to Rocker where to next?

Time to move on up!

I'm 32, 6' 2", 165lbs. 10.5 sz feet

My snoboard timeline is as follows:
I learned to board on a swallow tipped burton borrowed from Qwen Howitt.
First board was a 40lb. 159 Nitro. Rode it for like 3 years.
Got my first twin tip board at 15 it was a burton knock-off brand called Pill 149.
First board bought with my own money was a Gnu Carbon Fiber 160. Rode it for like 10 years before it finally died.
A few years ago I picked up a Sims FSR900 161. It's great and all but there's really no play in it.

I've always ridden older boards but I'm ready to lay my money down on the creme-de-le-creme. But where to go?

I'm a Mt. Baker local and in the deep as much as possible. I've always been a backcountry rider but the idea of a softer flex and a bit more playtime sounds interesting.

Of all the boards I've owned, I enjoyed the Gnu most. It wiggled like crazy at high speeds and couldn't really hold an edge. I don't think it was the right fit for my riding style but the soft flex was just fun.

I'm starting to realize I may need a quiver to cover both playtime and pow time. The boards I've been interested in are (in order of interest):

Arbor Coda
Jones Mountain Twin
Gnu Billy Goat
Never Summer ProtoHD
Gnu Carbon Credit
Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro
Academy Propa Camba
K2 Raygun

Please help me narrow this list down...Thank you

Last edited by ebade2000; 12-11-2013 at 02:35 PM.
ebade2000 is offline   Reply With Quote