Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Snowboard Community

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  poutanen 
G
#1 ·
What is Snowboard.com?

Snowboard.com is the largest and busiest snowboard community in the world, built by snowboarders for snowboarders. Inside you will find pro riders, trick tips, reviews, friends, team and news updates, and just about anything else that has to do with snowboarding. Stay in touch with the snowboard community on Snowboard.com!

http://snowboard.colonies.com/

#6 ·
Social media sites have an 8 year peak that if they don't reinvent themselves they go into a downward slope. What killed Myspace? A series of things, but the biggest being that the generation that used it so much outgrew it and moved on to Facebook. Facebook is attempting to reinvent itself, will someone else fill this void? Due to the capital behind it and the ability to buy up the competition I highly doubt it.

Facebook used to be for college kids, then moved on. Then again going after the youth market isn't viable for any market as that isn't the group with the most expendable income. This carries over to snowboarding. The largest age group is 24 to 36 single males who have careers and ride more than 15 days a year. But I'm sure you did your demographic work and knew that.

So if you're trying to go after the teenage market then you're missing the boat. Then again the vast majority of this site is mid 30 year old recreational riders who have between 0 and 8 years riding experience, with the next largest group being in the same age group but having ridden more than half their lives growing up with snowboarding. But I'm sure in your extensive online research you knew this already. I mean spamming forums to promote your site is just the pinnacle of Internet marketing, you're on a whole next level that none of us lowly forum goers can even comprehend. Fuck off, seen this done to death, it's not going to work here and it doesn't contribute to a site that's basically shitting on yours with viewership.

Now if you're trying to make the 'NEXT' social network I wouldn't be doing it through the snowboard market place because as I have mentioned it's been done numerous times. Snowboard.com, Shredunion, Meetup.com, and a few others that were far lesser. What makes yours different? Is it because you created it? Oh man you're just so fucking special! I bet you're the guy that got a ribbon at Field Day in elementary school just for showing up and your parents proudly displayed it on the fridge for all their fucktard friends to take notice of how awesome you were for just showing up.

#10 ·
There was a necro thread spammer that posted a few things trying to get us to join his new snowboarding site. BA went all BA on him. Looks like Admin deleted the spammer's posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.