Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib-Tech Hot Knife vs Rossignol Krypto
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
adubg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck240 View Post
I'm just an older guy who enjoys bombing around the mountain. Most of my time is spent cruising fast down groomers. Occasionally I like to seek out some off trail excitement such as the cliff or bowls @ Big White. I currently ride a 2009 K2 Zepplin (the last year of camber). I am thinking of purchasing either a Hot Knife or Krypto paired with Ride Capo bindings. I do not do any park riding. These two boards have similar qualities & some differences. I am 5'8 165 lbs & size 8 boot. I would also consider myself an advanced intermediate rider. I want something with mag edges to help out when night riding on the local northshore mountains.
I think what it comes down to is really the board profile. Like what snowdog wax said the Krypto is Rocker Camber Rocker profile, while the Hotknife is the C3 Camber Rocker Camber. The C3 is really a camber board with a small amount of rocker or reverse camber in between the bindings. Both will have a different feel. The C3 will feel like a more aggressive camber board with rocker helping in the powder and reducing the edge catch. Can't say much about the Krypto tho as I have never ridden it.
adubg is offline   Reply With Quote