Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Should I sell this board I just got?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
boarderfromSLO

Default Should I sell this board I just got?

Hey, so a guy I know sold me his 160 burton bullet for $60, its barely used looks pretty new. Now I didn't really look at any reviews and I thought hey that's cheap and its my size why not. I am 6'1" 165# and have size 13 boots. Now looking at some reviews people say its a pretty crappy board and mainly for beginners.
Now for the record this is my first board I have bought, but that is because the 5 years I boarded I would grow so much between seasons it would have been a waste of money. Then last year I really focused on my surfing so I didn't board at all. Because of this I have always used rental gear.

Im not that into snowboarding and would call myself intermediate so I don't know much about equipment, I am mainly a surfer (I would call myself advanced at that). I don't like park too much but I can hit boxes and do 360s, fall a lot and that's about it. Only time I really venture there is because my friends want to. I am mainly into backcountry and powder where I am comfortable with speed and small cliffs (biggest I have tried is 20ft but I always want to up myself) black diamond/double black diamond no problem. I would say I more of a ballsy rider than skilled. I have boarded most of the good mountains in Cali and Colorado, and even Zermatt before. I also enjoy bombing groomed runs if there is no powder.

Am I shooting myself in the foot by riding this board? Mainly just trying to keep snowboarding cheap as I spend all my money on the other sports I am more serious about (car racing eats all my cash).

Thanks, feel free to give me any advice on what I should look for in equipment I really know nothing more than I need a wide board or my toes hit the ground and I liked 160's the best. Also I noticed I hated one board cause it was really flexy.

Last edited by boarderfromSLO; 12-11-2013 at 11:44 PM.
boarderfromSLO is offline   Reply With Quote