Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner Rider: New or Used?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Baconator

Question Beginner Rider: New or Used?

I am a beginner rider. i took a lesson last season and went a couple times. I go to school in Colorado and got a pass for Keystone and A-Base. i have been looking at used boards on ebay to get myself for christmas and i am having trouble figuring out what the best board would be for me. ones that i have found are so vague in their description of the model that i cant find reviews for them online. if you have any suggestions as to where to look or what i should be looking for that would be great.

5' 10"
130 lbs
shoe size 10.5

Just bought a new pair of 32 boots that fit real nice.
I have been looking at some Burton Clash's on ebay after comparing them to the new ones in store. the places around me are selling the board new for about 310. the used ones on ebay (which are 155 cm) are going for about 250 with bindings but the bindings look a little beat and there is a ding on one of the edges and has about two seasons on it. there are a couple other clash's that are 147 cm but idk if that will be too small. i can also find a burton blunt 151cm with gnu bindings from a friend for 250, looks like its in a lot better condition than the clashs on ebay. do these deals sound decent or should i just say screw it and spring for the newer stuff?
Baconator is offline   Reply With Quote