Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Can I learn on this board?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
hughlorin

Default Can I learn on this board?

Hey! I'm new to snowboarding- I've actually never done it before. I'm an avid skier and have been doing it for years, so I'm not new to the slopes, just snowboarding. I decided I want to try out snowboarding this season. Awhile back my friend gave me his old board. It's a ride deck, and from tip to tip its about 142cm. I'm 5'10" and just under 140 lbs. My shoe size is around a 10. I looked around and figured a 152cm deck would probably be best for my weight, but I kinda want to just try it out since I already have a complete set up for it. Would I be able to learn on this deck, even though it's around 10cm shorter than what I should be riding? I know it all comes down to personal preference in the end, but I don't know if this board is just too short for me to ride.

By the way, I longboard. I don't know if that gives me any sort of experience for snowboarding, but it seems at least sort of similar.
hughlorin is offline   Reply With Quote