Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Issues with 3 ft deep powder
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ken2234

Default Issues with 3 ft deep powder

I live on the east, closer to lake Eire about 20 mins from buffalo. This past week it has dumped massive amounts of snow with no base in the trees. Since I love the trees so much and cant really stay out I left work early and decided to head to where the most snow had fallen. Colden NY reported they received 46 inches in 4 days so I felt that was the winner. Conditions where prime and it was probably the best night session I ever had over my 10 years of snowboarding. No ice, shit tons of powder; just epic.

My question here is what can you do when your in DEEP snow (especially with no base) and the slope angles are not allowing me to gain enough energy to go through the deep pow. Do I need to grab some buddies to groom it out with our boards or just wait till the skiers pack it? I kept on sinking but once I found a nice steep angle it was fine but the low slopes caused me to get stuck and sweaty. (This was mostly in the woods)

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Ken2234 is offline   Reply With Quote