Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need Help/Advice Choosing Between 2 Boards!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
snwbrdr23

Default Need Help/Advice Choosing Between 2 Boards!

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a new board this year, but need some help choosing. I currently ride a 2010 Rome Artifact 1985 (sz150), and love the buttery smooth feeling you get when you ride it. However, I am typically more into jumps than jibbing (I choose jumps over jib features, but will definitely hit a couple jumps and still hit some rails before or afterwards if the park is set up to make this possible). The flex in the Artifact is nice and fun, but I tend to lose control of my board, especially at higher speeds, and often either bail/fall or have my board was out from under me on bigger sized jumps. Also have noticed the bigger the jump the harder time it is to stick the landing. I mainly ride park, especially where I live in the icy Midwest (Chicago) area, but I also enjoy just cruising the mountain and going down some more aggressive black diamond type runs, as well as some backcountry and bowls, when I fly out West (Colorado/Utah).

I have looked around and after lots of research have narrowed it down to 2 boards. I have decided to try something new (new brand, new technology, bigger size). Now I need some help and advice choosing between these boards, to find a board that is best suited for my style of riding. Here are the 2 boards I am trying to choose between, and some basic key technology behind them:

-2014 DC Mega (sz153):
-DC's "Lock & Load Camber"(Flat-Camber-Flat): traditional camber midsection with longer contact points, creating flat/stable platform
-Fresh Deck Top Sheet: sealed natural wood top sheet adds the same poppy feel you get from a skate deck
-Sintered Supreme Base: high density sintered base with porous surface and stonegrind finish (firm, fast, low-friction, durable)
-Stratus (wood) Core: vertically laminated 100% poplar wood core is sporty, lightweight and maintains good pop
-Bi-ax Fiberglass: 2 directions of glass fibers woven tightly together for a forgiving/torsionally flexible ride (loose/buttery ride)
-Twin Shape
-Flex: 7.5/10
-Maneuverability: 7/10
-Camber +6
-Terrain: Freestyle/Park, All-Mountain

-2014 DC Lauri Pro (sz153):
-Micro Camber(Camber-Flat-Camber): flat through center with +1.5mm positive camber outside of the insert packs (with Camber Core, you get the feel/pop of full camber board with forgiveness/pow float of flat board)
-Fresh Deck Top Sheet: sealed natural wood top sheet adds the same poppy feel you get from a skate deck
-Sintered Supreme Base: high density sintered base with porous surface and stonegrind finish (firm, fast, low-friction, durable)
-Stratus (wood) Core: vertically laminated 100% poplar wood core is sporty, lightweight and maintains good pop
-Quadrax Fiberglass: 4 directions of glass fibers woven tightly together giving the board a smooth/stable ride
-Camber Core Technology
-Twin Shape
-Flex: 7/10
-Maneuverability: 8/10
-Terrain: Freestyle/Park, All-Mountain
snwbrdr23 is offline   Reply With Quote