Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skate Banana vs MC Kink btx
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
blind311

Thumbs up i highly recomend the mc kink

i just bought an mc kink btx with the ride spi's. the board is just a good all around board. this board is also a jibbing board it is a little stiffer but the kink adds transition ease. a kinked tail and nose is a curve derived from a kink. it floats over all obstaces with ease and its great for climbing walls! before january i had been out of snowboarding for close to 2 years because i was iron working(commercial constuction hard labor)so i was too tired to go riding when i had free time so i quit that job and begain riding again in january of 09. im from seattle and a common misconseption is our snow. it is good when it snow and if we have a good season it snows alot but on days when it doesnt snow it is ice and really hardpack. i moved to cali in june of 08 and have done all my riding down here this year. the magne traction is a good board for hardpack and the banana tech floats over powder with ease and even easier with the kink. ive been a skateboarder for over ten years so naturaly i wanted to only do boxes and rails when i snowboarded. i was a park rat to the max. i had a 9 foot custom rail and would drive an hour to the mnt even when it was closed just to do an hour of jibbing by myself. but this year i wanted to step my riding up and still do park. so i didnt just want a jib stick. this board was the perfect board and yet still a good jib stick. i paid 330 OTD for a 500 dollar board because i bought it in feb it was 40% off. dont sell yourself short this board is an all around great board if u like the sk8 banana than the mc kink is 4 u it doesnt come in a 155 it comes in a 153 and 157. another thing is im a size 11 boot and i didnt want a wide. most 157 are only 25.2 to 25.5 but the mc kn has a waist width of 25.9. so if u want a shorter board thats going to fit a bigger shoe size this is ur board!